We're so happy to introduce the newest member of the WBIR family! This is Kiptyn Witcher! He's now 1 day old. Kiptyn, Mom Janelle & Dad Mike are all doing ...
Cochran comes to Ole Smoky Moonshine after a year of building the AquaHydrate brand as CEO of that company. Before joining AquaHydrate, Cochran was CEO of Pabst Brewing Co., where he worked to rebuild that brand into an iconic ...
Two people are in the hospital Wednesday morning after suffering injuries from a house fire. Around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, Knoxville police were sent to a home on Massachusetts Avenue in the Lonsdale Community for a disturbance call. When officers arrived on scene, they found a man trying to put out a house fire with a garden hose. The man told them that a person was inside the home, so they ...
Seniors 50 and older looking for full or part-time work will find leads at the CAC Office on Aging's Career Fair. The Career Fair is from 9:00 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the L.T. Ross Building on Western Avenue. Employers will be representing clerical, cashier, banking, food service, health care, driving, and cleaning service opportunities. For more information, call the CAC ...
Susan Randolph said DCS' policies on immediate protection agreements are vague and scattered. Randolph was shot three times and her husband, Todd, and a teen neighbor were killed in 2009 by the girl's father. / Anita Wadhwani / File / The ...
87.1°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the SE at 1.6 MPH Gusting to 4.5 MPH
Gate of Hell (Jigokumon) [Blu-Ray]
Although largely unseen in decades and subsequently marginalized in film history except among the most dedicated of Japanese film enthusiasts, Teinosuke Kinugasas Gate of Hell (Jigokumon) was one of the most important films of its era. The first Japanese film to win the Gra ... ...
KNOXVILLE -- Two people sustained minor injuries Wednesday morning when their house erupted in flames because of a problem with an electrical ...
The firm is moving its carbon fiber operations to "concentrate its production at the most efficient locations," according to a statement from the ...
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) -- Officials are offering up to a $22,000 reward for information leading to convictions in the shooting of two bald eagles in eastern Tennessee. One of the eagles was shot near Soddy-Daisy in March and the other was shot near Madisonville this month. Both survived and are recovering at the American Eagle Foundation in Pigeon Forge. Bald eagles are protected under ...
Ex-Knox County Trustee Mike Lowe and two of his former aides participated in a four-year "continuous larcenous scheme" in which the employees earned salaries and vacation time yet never actually showed up for work to do their jobs, according to documents recently submitted by ...
Spring Fling continues: Middle Tennessee is in the middle of all the action again Wednesday as the Spring Fling continues in Murfreesboro. Local teams in action include: Rockwood vs. Summertown at 11 a.m. at Middle Tennessee Christian in Class A baseball; Grace Christian vs. Friendship Christian at 1:30 p.m. at Riverdale in Class A baseball; Tullahoma vs. Farragut at 1:30 p.m. at Oakland in ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Stratosphere Casino Hotel & Tower Las Vegas
I booked a lower cost room at $39.95 a night at this landmark hotel at the top end of the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Knoxville TimesKnoxville Times – News Portal for Knoxville, Tennessee
The Knoxville Times is essentially a local Knoxville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Knoxville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Knoxville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Knoxville Times.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Two injured when SUV rolls off I-75 in Knoxville
- Tariff blamed for loss of jobs in Rockwood
- Fitch Affirms Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company Upgrades El Paso Natural Gas Company Outlook Stable
- POLL Tennessee Voters Support Benefits For Same-Sex Couples
- Man charged with faking marriage to visit inmate
- Murofushi loses appeal in IOC member election
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- Fitness Success 5 great ways to make fitness and weight loss easier
- Electronic Health Records and Healthcare Management Software
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Microsoft unveils new all-in-one Xbox console
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Gunmen kill 12 Iraqis in attack on brothel
- Oz women cricketers Down Under on top of world after hefty pay-hike
- Do-or-die for India women against Chinese Taipei
- Number of Afghan women jailed for moral crimes increasing says human rights group
- Women should enjoy their sexuality says Heather Graham
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Genocide conviction of former Guatemala dictator overturned
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- Bears legend Urlacher retires
- Jets RB Mike Goodson Pleads Not Guilty To Drug Weapons Charges
- The coaching tree and legacy of Paul Brown
- Jets Goodson pleads not guilty to charges
- Browns Haslam apologizes to other owners
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Knoxville Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Photos Introducing Baby Witcher
- Former Pabst Brewing Co. CEO joins Ole Smoky distillery
- Lonsdale house fire injures 2 residents 2 dogs
- CAC holding Senior Job Fair Wednesday
- DCS caseworker faulted by judge wasnt disciplined