The network has scooped up Sony Pictures Television’s Bad Teacher, a single-camera comedy based on the Cameron Diaz film of the same name. (Released in July 2011, the movie grossed $100.3 million ...
Imprint Technology has acquired an undisclosed interest in BlueStar Digital Technologies in a deal valued at $10 million, the two companies announced ...
Enough is enough for the global network of fast-moving 140-character missives. Twitter now hopes to protect member accounts with a more sophisticated login ...
, Italy’s controversial media tycoon and three-time prime minister, could be maneuvering to instigate the collapse of Italy’s government for the second time in less than six months, while pollsters say Berlusconi would likely emerge victorious from a new round of ...
Viacom boosted its quarterly dividend by 9 percent, telling investors on Wednesday it would pay 30 cents per share. It’s the third increase since initiating a dividend three years ...
85.8°F Mostly Cloudy
Unlike virtually every other modern superhero you can think of, Batman is unique in that he has no special, superhuman powers. He wasn't born with mutated genes, didn't come from another planet, get zapped by radiation, or otherwise develop extraordinary abilities that separate him ph ... ...
Using facial recognition software, a team has created a program that crawls Google Maps, seeking out faces hidden in the Earth's folds. Do you see what it ...
Speaking of Glass, Google's chief Internet evangelist predicted, "It may be we will have to experience some damage before we discover what the social conventions ...
(Credit: Google) Google has made searching in Chrome for Android a bit easier with an update Wednesday to the browser. The latest stable version ...
Ad Age is committed to providing you with industry news and information you need to succeed. That's why we are pleased to offer our readers 7 free articles and blogs at no charge. You have reached your 8th article. We invite you to subscribe so you can finish this article, and get uninterrupted service and access to special ...
Per Nielsen, CBS will close out the 2012-13 broadcast TV season with an average prime-time delivery of 11.9 million viewers per night. The network beat runner-up ABC by 4 million viewers, giving it the largest margin of victory in 24 ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Stratosphere Casino Hotel & Tower Las Vegas
I booked a lower cost room at $39.95 a night at this landmark hotel at the top end of the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Knoxville TimesKnoxville Times – News Portal for Knoxville, Tennessee
The Knoxville Times is essentially a local Knoxville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Knoxville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Knoxville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Knoxville Times.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Knoxville Glove Co. to close doors textile industry takes another hit
- Grizzlies and Red Cross team up to assist tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Northwestern seeks to join legal fight over Knoxville teens confession
- Nashville judge permanently suspends guardian
- Photographer facing child pornography charges
- Brad Pitts drug tales
- Murofushi loses appeal in IOC member election
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- Health care stocks As boomers age a booming sector emerges
- Fire damages timber factory in Delhi
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- Peru’s President Orders Environmental Clean Up in Amazon Oil Region
- Legend Power grants stock options announces changes in the board of directors and adopts an advance notice policy
- New youth environmental leadership program comes to Ontario
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Gunmen kill 12 Iraqis in attack on brothel
- Oz women cricketers Down Under on top of world after hefty pay-hike
- Do-or-die for India women against Chinese Taipei
- Number of Afghan women jailed for moral crimes increasing says human rights group
- Women should enjoy their sexuality says Heather Graham
- Here are the highest-paid coaches in US sports Forbes
- Canucks fire coach Vigneault after 7 seasons
- Francona expects emotional Fenway return
- Gonzalez homers as Rockies down D-backs
- Report Suns cleared to interview Rockets asst.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Knoxville Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Your Stories Altard State
- Tenn. part of multi-state e-book settlement
- Work progressing on new STEM academy in Maryville
- Cross-country motorcyclists drive through Knoxville to recognize veterans
- Knoxville businesses pledge to support breastfeeding mothers