Bang with Friends- the controversial Facebook app run by its CEO and co-founder who just goes by his initial 'C' has been revealed accidentally by Internet New York which included the founders' name on the online ballot. BWF app creator Colin Hodge, 28, and Omri Mor had remained anonymous till last week, but the leak of their identity through Internet Week New York disappointed Hodge, the Daily ...
Facebook Phone's disappointingly poor customer feedback in the United States has resulted in the delay of its launch in Europe. The HTC handsets, which run Facebook's enhanced Home software, designed to replace the phone's home screen with FB feed and chat options, has flopped with users. EE, a UK mobile operator, confirmed that poor customer feedback is the reason why the phone's Europe ...
A bottle of Magic Hat #9 Not Quite Pale Ale, left, and cans of West Sixth Brewing IPA, right, photographed in Lexington, Ky., Tuesday, May 21, 2013. Magic Hat Brewery is suiting West Sixth Brewing Company for copyright infringement for West Sixth's logo. Magic Hat has a similar looking logo on their #9 Not Quite Pale Ale. Photo by Charles Bertram | ...
Sally Bercow , found guilty of libelling Lord McAlpine, is a Twitter martyr in some quarters. I keep hearing about what a blow this is for free speech. However, Bercow hasn't suffered a miscarriage of justice; on the contrary, she's guilty. (Her attempts to settle with McAlpine before the case went to court were a clue.) Or is it acceptable for someone to imply that a person is a ...
The HTC First handset was supposed to be in the shops this summer but the social network has no fresh date for its European unveiling. It works around the Facebook Home software, launched by chief executive Mark Zuckerberg in the US in mid-April. He claimed it would "change the relationship" that people have with their mobiles.The Facebook Home app swaps a traditional homescreen menu ...
65.3°F Scattered Clouds
The bomb that was Cutthroat Island (1995) is probably the best thing that ever happened to Renny Harlin. He may not see it that way, since the ill-fated pirate adventure was intended to cement his status as an A-list action auteur after hi ... ...
Martin Brodeur joined Hockey Night In Canada as a guest analyst for the playoffs, and recently answered some questions from fans on Twitter. (File/Getty ...
Initiative Invites Catholic Media Offices Around the World To Share Online Pastoral ResourcesROME, May 10, 2013 (Zenit.org) - On the occasion of the this year's World Communications Day, the Pontifical Council for Social Communications is inviting people from around the world to partake in the "Mesa Comun" (Shared Table). The initiative allows the faithful of the Catholic Church ...
pressuring Facebook to take a stronger stance in favor of women’s health and crackdown against messages that "trivialize or glorify" violence against women. ';I’m a big supporter of that ...
video or audio files which are sent over the web. They can be downloaded on the consumer's computer device or streamed online. Many marketers use podcasts to spread the word about a product or a service. The reason for this is that podcasting has many benefits. For instance, it does not have a topic limitation. Also, podcasts resemble lectures and listeners can often learn something useful ...
King Khan says kabhi haan kabhi naa to Twitter After 3 months Shah Rukh returns to micro-blogging site
After finishing the shoot of his upcoming action-comedy 'Chennai Express', superstar Shah Rukh Khan is back on micro-blogging site Twitter.The 47-year-old actor, who has been missing from Twitter since three months, re-tweeted co-star Deepika Padukone's post about the completion of their film."Deepika tweeted: Finished shooting for 'Chennai Express'. Expressed my ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Canada
After getting off the Greyhound bus I trudged through the Whistler Village to the bottom of Whistler Mountain, and there ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Knoxville TimesKnoxville Times – News Portal for Knoxville, Tennessee
The Knoxville Times is essentially a local Knoxville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Knoxville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Knoxville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Knoxville Times.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Vandy routs Mississippi State 16-8 in SEC semis
- IBM team tackled $5 million Knoxville problem drafty homes
- A lesson to remember Knoxville Scouts decorate graves in memory tribute for holiday
- Take-out beer allowed again
- Body found in Percy Priest Lake
- Ryder makes low-key gym comeback away from prying eyes following bar assault
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- Trainer Tom Wenzel will have top three favorites for Seattle Handicap | Emerald Downs
- Some doctors seeking business experience to deal with changing health care
- Less Fed aid sign of health
- Chiles indigenous fight worlds largest gold miners to protect environment
- Why worrying about food miles is missing the point
- Britain calls for EU target to halve emissions by 2030
- Britain resists EU bid to set new target on renewable energy
- Chile Pascua-Lama Mine Halted for Environmental Offences
- Powerful women join Forbes list
- How Bayern Munich Beat Borussia Dortmund To Win The 2013 Champions League
- 5 Places For Your Cash Instead Of Money Markets Treasurys
- Direct antibody injection boosts cancer therapy
- Thousands Of Jailed Russian Oligarchs May Finally Walk
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- African Leaders Condemn Ongoing Use of Cluster Bombs
- UAE minister ranked 67th among worlds 100 powerful women
- Women should look real raw Gisele Bundchen
- US mom gave birth to child after her heart stopped and then came back to life
- Hall of Fame Classic canceled because of rain
- Ump regrets botched double-play call on Ms
- Pacers radio man rips Heat fans for leaving early
- Bruins finish off Rangers in five
- Grizzlies Hollins says flopping not part of game
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Knoxville Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Gunman robs pizza delivery man in East Knox
- Destination Imagination wraps Saturday
- Knox Know-It-All Whatever happened to the White Pages
- Red Cross sends 2 more East TN volunteers to Moore OK
- Make-A-Wish whisks local teen to Disney World