Sergio Garcia has revealed he is not planning any peace talks with Tiger Woods following their clash at the Players Championship earlier this month.World No 1 Woods upset Garcia during the third round at Sawgrass when the Spaniard claimed he had been put off his approach shot to the second hole by crowd noise caused by the American preparing for his own shot from the trees. Woods insisted he ...
The truth hurts, and it was delivered yesterday not by Carmelo Anthony but by the Knicks’ youngest player, 22-year-old Iman Shumpert.Shumpert branded the Knicks season a failure after Saturday’s heartbreaking, second-round KO in Indiana. The Knicks’ young swingman could almost taste South Beach and a matchup against the Heat and now he can only go there to vacation."I ...
Mike Rice, the disgraced men’s basketball coach who was fired from Rutgers last month, has been attending counseling for the past two weeks at John Lucas’ Wellness and Aftercare Program in Texas, according to ESPN. Rice, who was fired after videos of him physically and verbally abusing his players were made public, is receiving anger management help, and there is no timetable for how ...
Steve Serby Carmelo Anthony, as the face of the Knicks franchise, clearly sees his obligation to make sure to portray a happy public face to New York, orange-and-blue-colored glasses covering his eyes.It’s a delusional face."We’re right there," Melo says.Right where?Nowhere near Miami, nowhere near the Heat, that’s where."We kinda teased the city of New York a ...
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim went on a verbal tirade against Carmelo Anthony’s Knicks teammates, shocked his former player is receiving blame for the team’s second-round flameout to Indiana.In the Syracuse Post-Standard, Boeheim ripped Tyson Chandler, whom he coached on the U.S. Olympic Team, point guards Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni and even coach Mike Woodson in trying to defend ...
66.6°F Scattered Clouds
The Great Dictator [Blu-Ray]
While it is not the greatest of his feature films, Charlie Chaplins tragicomic The Great Dictator is certainly his bravest, if not one of the bravest films ever made. A blatant satire of Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich, it was a lone cinematic cry for humanity to stand t ... ...
It wasn’t until he was 28 years old that Chris Copeland made the NBA, and this summer he will hit free agency as a 29-year-old. So attaining maximum financial security would seem to be a very important priority for the Knicks forward.Yesterday, though, Copeland said he never has cared about the biggest possible payday. A restricted-free-agent-to-be, Copeland said he cares about being ...
The more desperate the Mets get for Ike Davis to break out of his funk, the deeper he sinks. And last night - after grounding out to leave the bases loaded in the first, striking out twice after that, and costing the Mets a run with an obstruction call - the question isn’t how much lower he can sink, but how much longer the Mets can stick with him.The Mets lost, 4-3, to the Reds in a ...
Next season could conceivably be the last as a Knick for Carmelo Anthony - who has a player opt-out clause in his contract he can use after the 2013-14 season.If he does opt out next summer, he sounded as if he intended to re-sign a long-term deal with the Knicks."I’m going to be here for many years,’’ Anthony said.That is, if the Knicks wish to, if the club takes a step ...
Hondo, who had been struggling lately, was bailed out by the Yankees’ heroic comeback last night against the Orioles, which trimmed the NRN (nasty red number) to 330 turleys. Tonight, Mr. Aitch will switch dugouts for a play against Bad News Hughes – 10 units on the Birds. Also, he will roll with Quintana against the Bosawx – 10 units on the Chisox. -$Add Fox-gate – the ...
Colorado Avalanche as the team's coach. Roy's brother, Stephane, told the paper late Monday night: "They're discussing the final details of an arrangement." Stephane Roy also reportedly announced the news on his Facebook page. A phone message was left with the Avalanche. Colorado fired coach Joe Sacco on April 28 after a season in which the team finished last in the ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Stratosphere Casino Hotel & Tower Las Vegas
I booked a lower cost room at $39.95 a night at this landmark hotel at the top end of the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Knoxville TimesKnoxville Times – News Portal for Knoxville, Tennessee
The Knoxville Times is essentially a local Knoxville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Knoxville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Knoxville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Knoxville Times.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Memphis Grizzlies Zach Randolph spurred on to do better against San Antonio
- Mosquitoes starting to bite in East Tennessee
- Kansas lands transfer Tarik Black from Memphis
- Knoxville UT looking to expand use of Worlds Fair Park
- NC woman accused of trying to poison 5 with cheese
- Indo- Swiss bilateral meet held at Geneva
- More time in gym class lowers obesity risk in kids
- Frequent candy eaters not likelier to be overweight or have heart disease
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- India UK sign MoU on cooperation in health sector
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Dubai makes $350 million off the environment
- UBD To Plant Trees For Green Wave Campaign
- 7-Eleven finds convenient business environment
- Xcel to seek bids for biomass power plant burning beetle-kill timber
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Metals Stocks Gold prices rise following up on ‘key reversal’
- Do men behave better than women while traveling
- Smoking during pregnancy up obesity and diabetes risk in baby girls
- In Kabul UNESCO chief spotlights Afghanistans educational and cultural gains
- AFC Asian Cup India women ready for Myanmar challenge
- US team visiting India to boost womens numbers in ICT
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Sikh man in Finland fights for right to wear turban at work
- Garcia rules out Woods apology
- Iman’s stand-alone Knicks post-mortem ‘We failed’
- Ex-Rutgers coach Rice gets treatment
- So much to remedy about these Knicks
- Boeheim rips Melo’s teammates
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Knoxville Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- At least 51 dead in Okla. twister including at least 20 children
- Authorities arrest Cocke Co. man accused of sexually assaulting teens
- Mosquitoes starting to bite in East Tennessee
- 4th graders offer message of hope to cancer patients
- Teaching kids to dial 911 in the digital age